How to Change a Belief - Part One

Beliefs are entirely subjective and NOT objective. You can feel that what you believe is actually truth and reality but it's not. It is just a part of the truth and a side of reality. Here's a simple example: you either believe that making money is easy or you believe that it is hard. What you believe is real for you. But you would have to be a very close-minded person to stubbornly contradict me when I say to you: "Making money can be easy and it can also be hard. Your belief is just what you chose to believe, not an absolute truth". A thing can happen in more than a thousand ways. A thing can change in more than a thousand ways. A thing can be perceived in more than a thousand ways.

I hope that by now you understand that beliefs are subjective and not objective because if you don't understand it, then you are a hopeless victim of life, thinking that what you believe is simply true and it cannot be changed so all the negative beliefs that you have are absolute truths that you cannot change and that affect you negatively so... what can you do about it? Nothing.

But if you do understand that beliefs are subjective, then you also understand that you can choose what to believe and it would be best for you to choose beliefs that give you an advantage. Believing that making money is hard does not give you any advantage. Believing that making money is easy does give you a good advantage because you shouldn't have to struggle to have such a basic thing in your life - money. If you still have a skeptical voice in your head, let me prove to you that beliefs are subjective and not objective. You know people that work hard for money, is that true? But you also know people that work less than the hard working people and earn more. Is that true? And there are people that can't even say they are working for money because what they do is fun for them and they get paid to do it. So making money is easy for them.

Beliefs are of course, subconscious. The conscious mind can believe one thing at this moment and another thing in the next moment. But the subconscious holds the beliefs you have programmed it to have until you program other beliefs if you choose to do so.

How Beliefs Impact on Your Life

Beliefs are rules for your subconscious mind. It needs exact data and that's why it needs beliefs. It needs those rules. It needs to know what the orders are.

So, if you believe that making money is hard, it will be like that. The subconscious will not come up with ways for you to easily make money. "You" will come up with solutions which require hard work and struggle. Even if you consciously find a solution for making money easily, you will "feel" like it's impossible because it's not a match to the subconscious belief and your subconscious will not support that idea.

If you believe that making money is easy, it will be like that. The subconscious will come up with ways for you to easily make money. "You" will come up with solutions which require action and work but no struggle at all. If you don't personally know people that make money without working hard, just think about some investors, speculators, businessmen you know from the media.

Negative Beliefs Are Useless

I don't know what you now believe about beliefs. You may believe they shape your life or you may not believe that but one thing is certain for me and I BELIEVE you should have to be stupid in some way to believe otherwise (sorry). I choose to believe that negative beliefs are useless, they do nothing good for the person. Let's take an example:

Some people believe that love will make you suffer. That may be true for more than 90% of relationships or even more. But what harm would it do to choose to believe that love will make me happy? Those that believe that love will make them suffer live in fear all the time. When they do not have any chance at love, they crave it. When the opportunity is presented to them, they fear of starting a relationship because they keep thinking about how they will suffer again. If they have the courage to get in a relationship, they have little joy with the beautiful things of that relationship because they keep thinking that it's not going to last and they will suffer when it ends. They do not trust their partner. They are frustrated. They take a very long time to get over the disappointment when the relationship ends. They feel regret for a very long time. They see no point in loving anymore. Why love if you will suffer? Why live if you can't love? A whole bunch of problems come from that belief that love will make you suffer. USELESS!

Now what if I choose to believe that love simply is happiness. I crave and search for love. When the opportunity is presented I quickly take it. I enjoy the relationship and everything beautiful that comes with it. After a while we start to fight. We do not get along so well anymore. The relationship ends and I suffer. I get over it in a short time and I am ready to begin a new love story. Or... I could choose to believe myself that love will make you suffer. Some do that... Too bad.

Was it stupid of me to choose to believe something that proved to be wrong in my case (apparently)? No. Positive beliefs are good beliefs even if they fail to prove right (apparently). And remember... I just chose to NOT believe that love will make you suffer. But what if I would believe that love is forever? You may say "Yaaaa right.. I believed that when I was a teenager and it didn't happen". Well, I believe you. I believe I am writing a post right now. I believe we didn't met before Mr. ... what's your name? The word "believe" as I have exemplified here has many understandings. You believe that the planet Earth is a big ball, "floating" in space. But how would you feel if you actually got inside a space ship, flew into orbit and saw the big ball of Earth with your own eyes? Now that would make you really BELIEVE, wouldn't it? So did you believe it before seeing? Think about it. Don't misunderstand the word "believe". So now that you understand this, I'm coming back to that idea... what if I would believe that love is forever? I saw old couples that have been together for more than 40 years and are still loving each other and still behave like they would be two teenagers in love. I wonder what their beliefs about relationships are...

To be continued...
How to Change a Belief - Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment